Tuesday, November 24, 2009

You Can't Always Get What You Want...

But if you try some time, you'll find, you get what you need.

I've been back in Madagascar for about a week now, and it's going well. Things area little too familiar, and we had to exercise the ghosts of Mantasoa (the location we spent 2 weeks at in February). For fellow PCVs, you will be glad to hear that some of Zoom has been rebuilt, and the Jumbo Score is up and running. Magro remains a burnt out hulking mess, which is kind of weird. Otherwise Tana is pretty normal. We were sworn in at the Ambassador's house today, and I gave a Kabary (speech) that had the Malagasy crowd laughing. Was it at me or with me? I don't know, and don't really care! Tomorrow I will be heading back to the Eastern Rainforest to move into my new village. Things are flying by now, and it is all quite exciting. I will be sure to update an address when I have it, but for now my phone number remains the same: 011261 33 060 7796. More to follow hopefully soon!

4 comments:

  1. Glass half full..... they were laughing with you!! first rule of speech-giving or sports announcing -- from the Voice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did a little of both back in '08, but they didn't know... names witheld to protect the blah blah.

    Thanks for the update man. Good to hear Tana is getting it's act back together, with or without leadership.

    Congrats on swear in, and have a happy new cranksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you take the ghosts for a run or get rid of them? Either way, its all good! How's your contribution to Thanksgiving going?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha, My name is Christine Smith, I arrive in Madagascar in March, I was hoping to make some contacts before i arrive, if you have time... I hear internet is difficult?..
    I would love to know what is the most useful was connect with friends and family. I was thinking about a PSP to use skype.
    I look forward to meeting you someday soon ;)
    Thats a great rolling stones song
    aloha christine

    ReplyDelete