Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Born in the North, and Sworn to Entertain Ya


"What was Diego like!?" I keep hearing this question. People want to know why I enjoyed it so much. It is hard to explain, but in general the coastal areas of Madagascar are just very different from the place where I live (Lac Alaotra region). There are beautiful beaches:


Beautiful forests:

But mostly, it is the people:
With their vibrant culture and love of dance!


And a video version, for all those fans back home missing out on my dance skills...

3 comments:

  1. hi! my husband and i are currently PCVs in Swaziland. we are COSing May29th and will be in Madagascar for travel June 2-29th! we will be visiting Morondava, down to Tolaria, and to Ile St Marie...and all in between. we'd appreciate any tips for where to stay, what's great, etc. Please contact me at kristinstein@gmail.com if you get a chance. thank you so so much!!!

    ReplyDelete