Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

As I personally adapt to post-Peace Corps life, this blog is also adapting. It is shifting from a general journal of my experiences in Madagascar to a commentary on the world of international development and whatever else strikes my fancy as I begin my graduate studies. Why a blog as part of my intellectual growth as a development student? Glad you asked, as a recent MPA graduate from NYU (specializing in international development) answered just such a question in his own blog. I think the main point is encapsulated in this excerpt:
It’ll create a useful log of your own ideas. And publishing it to the world is an accountability mechanism. Like hiring a personal trainer for your intellectual development. You gotta get smart.
Check out the full post here

As part of this adaptation, I decided to give the blog an overall facelift. For starters, the main page is less cluttered. I have created new pages for About (personal info, blog info, etc.), Blog Roll (some further blog reading on development / international relations), and Madagascar (general Mada sites and PCV blog links). Take a look around, and stay tuned as together we face the strain...


No comments:

Post a Comment