Friday, August 19, 2011

A Drink and a Video for the Weekend

Ready to ring in the weekend with a refreshing beverage? Take a look at this photo essay by my fellow RPCV detailing Madagascar's favorite village drink.

As for our Friday Music Video, we are going away from the "popular Malagasy videos of the last 2 years" to dig a bit deeper, going back a few years. This video may be my all-time favorite, as it features Jesus dance-fighting the devil! (The refrain is: Jesus, yes? Yea Yea! the Devil, yes? NO NO!). Here is Tsiliva's "Oui Oui"

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the song, Chris. What a good reminder! I don’t know about you (whoever reads this) but I often forgets what Jesus has done for me. I get what I don’t deserve: grace instead of punishment, eternal life instead of death (Romans 6:23), He poured out His love into my hearts by the Holy Spirit (Romans 5:5).
    When I look at what’s going on in Madagascar, we (Malagasy) have embraced Christianity since early 1800s but we have failed to follow Christ. We are like sheep, have gone astray, each of us turned to his own way (Isaiah 53:6). We have honored God with our lips but our hearts are far from Him (Isaiah 29:13, Matthew 15:8).
    Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the LORD. Let us lift up our hearts and our hands to God in heaven, and say: “we have sinned and rebelled and You have not forgiven. You have made us a scum and refuse among the nations (Lamentations 3:40-42,45)

    ReplyDelete