Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Ze Germans Grow Big Moringa Leaves!



Well I've settled in to Timor-Leste nicely, and hope to share some of my experiences, as well as more about my program. But before I write anything detailed, I just wanted to share the biggest Moringa leaves I have seen on tree seedlings. These come from the Baucau office of GIZ, the German development agency. Their office includes a nice drip-irrigation operation and vegetable production. They are also involved in a youth-employment project.

 But what caught my eye were these huge Moringa leaves:


The GIZ district director told us the seeds were an improved variety, fast-growing, big-leafed, and still maintaining the nutritional qualities of Morniga. The seeds were from this big three-year-old tree.


Oh, and despite the title, all staff at the office were Timorese, not German!

No comments:

Post a Comment