Friday, September 12, 2008

I. Love. Football on TV.

(Written today, 9/12/2008)

It’s that time of year, and I’ve already got a longing for some gridiron action. Needless to say, even though I was able to find the Olympics on television here, football (American style) is not shown locally. But a bunch of volunteers are planning to get together for a late Thanksgiving holiday and feast, and really what is Thanksgiving without football? While I hope we can get a game going ourselves, I also thought I’d ask those of you who are technologically savvy a favor. Any chance someone out there, with a dvr recorder (or whatever the current technology is these days) would like to record a football game for us? We should have access to a computer for viewing a dvd. Of course I am partial to ND games (really Chris? I had no idea…) but our potential host is a diehard niners fan, if they are involved in any big games. Really any game that looks like it would be a good one, maybe primetime nfl?, in the early season would be awesome (as it would probably take a while to get here, maybe a month or so?). Just figured I’d make the request, but don’t worry about it if it is too much of a hassle!
As you may have noticed, I had access to a computer and was able to type up the below two entries rather than mail them home. They were pretty brief anyways. What can I say, not too many funny things have been happening to me lately! Or perhaps I’ve just gotten used to all the craziness and consider it normal now. Like having dinner with a Malagasy family and having an extended (and graphic) discussion of circumcision. Or arriving at a village a few hours from my own, at an appointed time, to meet a man I should be staying with for the night, and he himself doesn’t show up until the following day. These things are pretty normal. But still, I will try to get more good stories for you, or at least relate ways that I make a fool of myself (the best stories usually).
Also, check out our group blog for a quick tale from me about a certain “dumb” actor and his presence in Madagascar. I thought it was a pretty random tale.
Finally, this being Michigan Weekend...


GO IRISH, BEAT WOLVERINES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment