Monday, May 2, 2011

We Gotta Get Out of This Place!

In honor of the Peace Corps' 50th Anniversary, the agency has been publishing all sorts of goodies from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and the 00s. While looking through some of their promotional posters and PSAs, I came across what has to be the best advertising campaign in the history of the Peace Corps... (You can't say we take ourselves too seriously!)


You can see some more at the links below, though they are mostly your warm/fuzzy types that fit the stereotype of Peace Corps (Change the world, save the world, hug a tree(1), have that 'once in a lifetime' experience, etc.). Also, I should remind people that, contrary to popular belief, my departure (Feb 2008) seemed to coincide with making America worse, what with the economic disaster, so expect the markets to rally in June upon my return! (Did I just credit myself with the failure of the American capitalist system? and its future phoenix-like rise? ... )


A Graphic Artist's favorite PC Posters

Collection of Peace Corps Posters


(1) Trees don't always hug back. I speak from experience...

1 comment:

  1. Phoenix rise or not.... we are all looking forward to your return...

    Imagine, a WS for the Tribe and National Championship for the Irish.... all just around the corner!!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete