Monday, January 14, 2013

Let Bartlet Be Bartlet

Over the break, I've had some free time on my hand (gasp!), and one of the things I decided to do was re-watch the first season of The West Wing. Great show. Anyways, I came across a particularly awesome scene that reminded me of my own take on the Obama administration. Here's the link (I could not embed it). I don't usually write about US politics here, but suffice it to say that President Obama's first term always felt a bit... toothless. Maybe now, without the burden of re-election, we can find out what he really thinks. Anyways, watch the clip. Re-watch the whole series, in fact - it's pretty great, even if it can be overly-preachy, over-the-top in some scenarios, and Aaron Sorkin seems to think all conversations in the White House end with the modern farewell of "Okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment